Sunday, July 25, 2010

MONSTER COOKIES



1 lb. butter
4 c. sugar
2 lb. brown sugar
(cream together butter and sugars)

3 lb. peanut butter (here I'm making a half batch)


1 dozen eggs
1 T. vanilla
1 T. corn syrup
(add wet ingredients, mix well)


1 t. salt
8 t. baking SODA (I took a picture of POWDER and it should be SODA.)
2 c. chopped walnuts
1 lb. chocolate chips (we like mini because they cookies slice better)
(add salt, baking powder, chocolate and nuts, mix well)
18 c. oats
(blend in the oats….you’ll need to get your hands dirty. My mixer just fits a 1/2 batch. If you don't have a 6qt mixer, your hands and a bowl the size of a kitchen sink are your only option.)


Form rolls 3” dia. and 18”-24” long. Wrap first in waxed paper, then in foil. These rolls
will refrigerate for up to 1 week, and freeze for up to 3 months.

Oh wait, using the mixer didn't save me completely. I still had to get my hands dirty. I looked like this after rolling the dough.


Slice chilled rolls 3/8” thick. Arrange slices on a cookie sheet, leave plenty of room around…these cookies grow. Decorate with M&M’s. Bake for 12 min. in 350* oven. Don’t over bake! These cookies are best when soft. If they brown, then they’ll be too crisp. Eat those quickly because they’re not good the next day.

No comments: