Makes 3 dozen
1/4 c. sugar
3/4 c butter or margarine
1 packet yeast
1/4 c. warm water (to proof yeast)
1 c. milk (scalded and cooled)
1/2 t. salt
2 medium eggs (room temperature)
4 c. flour
- Mix together, then refrigerate.
- Roll into 3 circles
- Brush with melted butter
- Cut into 12 pie wedges
- Roll from wide end to point
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheets
- Let rise until double in bulk
- Bake @ 375 for 10-15 min.
This is all the instructions my Gram had. The rest was in her head. Here's how I made these.
- In Kitchen Aid, cream together butter and sugar
- Proof yeast in 110 water with 1 t. sugar (This took us 3 tries since we didn't have a thermometer for the water. Or it could have been the yeast. But, we finally had success in a small metal bowl, not the pyrex measuring cup.)
- Scald milk by heating in microwave then cool
- Alternating, slowly add milk, yeast, and flour
- Refrigerate overnight