Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

It's been hard to find canned pumpkin. I did however find the 10 1/2 cup size can. I needed to make my Pumpkin Dessert for a Thanksgiving Potluck with out Sunday School class. I also made some pumpkin muffins for the kids and then froze the pumpkin in 2 c. quantities for more muffins. There was 1 c. left over so I made these pancakes. YUM! Well, that's what I heard. I don't eat wheat anymore, so I didn't taste them.

Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons vinegar

Directions

  1. In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt, stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

No comments: