Thursday, June 28, 2007

Mexican Lasagna

There is no “real” recipe, and feel free to add and change.

The basic:
9x13 Pyrex
6 Flour tortillas (I use soft taco size)
Enchilada sauce
Refried beans 30oz can
1# Ground beef (browned)
Taco seasoning packet (I use about ½ packet to 1# meat…but my kids don’t like spicy…and you can always add heat later but you can’t take it out)
Shredded Cheese (2c. shredded pkg…or more if you like)

In the bottom of the Pyrex, pour a little enchilada sauce.
Layer 2 tortillas to cover the bottom.
½ can of beans
½ seasoned meat
2 fistfuls of cheese
some more E. sauce
repeat
top with 2 tortillas and some E. sauce

Bake covered until heated through…maybe 20-30 min at 350
Then uncover…sprinkle with cheese and bake until cheese melts.

Variations…
Use chicken, use different beans, I’ve even used whole wheat tortillas (you could use corn…I just don’t like them) sometimes I’ll serve with olives, avocado, cilantro, or cotija cheese on top.

No comments: